|Meridian Chambers, 10A Horsham Avenue|
|Distance (S) from Greenwich|
|OS map details||OS Explorer: 122|
|OS grid ref||TQ 40988.00950|
|WGS84 lat/long||50.790980, -0.001073|
|Access||Externally: unrestricted. Internally: business hours|
Located between the Airy and WGS84 Meridians, Meridian Chambers were established in 2000 as the Peacehaven offices of Lawson Lewis Solicitors. The firm began life in Eastbourne in 1875 and grew organically and by merger. In October 2012, the separate firms of Lawson Lewis & Co and Blaker Son & Young merged to form the new practice of Lawson Lewis Blakers.
Although the words Meridian Chambers were present (and prominent) on the signs attached to the building when the practice was known as Lawson Lewis, they were omitted on the new signs created for the newly merged practices. They also appear to be omitted from the practice’s website, which gives the address as 10a Horsham Avenue rather than Meridian Chambers, 10a Horsham Avenue. Despite this, public notices relating to the practice’s probate work, still seem to include Meridian Chambers in the contact address.
A vintage sign opposite the offices, directs visitors to the 'Meridian Monument' (obelisk).